This two day course is intended as a first stop for those new to the field and for those completely unfamiliar with the broad range of applications of infrared thermal imagers. The course will cover the basic science, art and application as it applies to implementing infrared thermography. Subjects covered include infrared imager types, condition based maintenance. There is no pre-requisite for this course. This is a non-certification course.
What you will learn at the Principles & Foundation of Infrared Thermography
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Learn how to use an infrared camera with our hands-on teaching methods.
- Avoid costly mistakes-distinguish between hot spots and reflections, and direct vs. indirect readings, and emissivity differences.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images.
- Collect quality data, and account for effects such as distance and target size.
- Learn to recognize the typical thermal patterns associated with electrical, mechanical, buildings, and roof IR applications.
- Introduction to report generation with infrared analysis and IR reporting software.
- Practice and enhance your skills with our application labs.
- Principles & Foundation of Infrared Thermography
- Basic Infrared / Thermal Physics
- Heat & Temperature
- Heat Transfer
- Thermal Radiation
- Camera Operations
- Infrared Imaging, Measurement & Reporting
- Camera Workshop / Lab Exercise