The Infrared Training Center’s (ITC) Level I Infrared Thermography Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on its use for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Level I Certification Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
- Camera / Hardware Setup and Operation
- Infrared Fundamentals
- Image Interpretation
- Effect of Distance on Temperature Measurement
- Condition Monitoring Application Studies
- Camera Workshop / Lab Exercises
- Software Training
- Final Exam
Successful Level I Thermography Training course completion provides Level I Thermographer Certification. ITC’s Level I Infrared Course meets all Level I ASNT-SNT-TC-1A recommendations for thermal/infrared testing, as established by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT).
Infrared courses are developed by ITC’s ASNT Level III and EPRI Level III Instructors. The Level I infrared training courses are taught by certified instructors with extensive experience in a wide variety of infrared thermography and thermal imaging applications.
Students are recommended to bring their own infrared cameras for practice and familiarization purposes during thermography training lectures and labs.
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION
The Level II Infrared Thermography Training Course is designed for the practicing Level I thermographer who is interested in more advanced infrared training. This infrared training course focuses on strengthening and improving thermography skills for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance applications. Level II Infrared Thermography Training students must have successfully completed a Level I Thermography Training Course and have a minimum of six months field thermography experience. Attendees completing Level II infrared course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive an ITC Level II Thermography Certification.
Level II Certification Course Benefits
- Reinforce your Level I Infrared Training concepts with refresher material covering the latest infrared camera, technology and thermal imaging application developments.
- Avoid costly mistakes – ITC experts review and explain the common misconceptions and misapplications of infrared thermography.
- Expand your thermography knowledge with new, more in-depth concepts in infrared theory, heat transfer and spatial resolution.
- Learn the basics of predictive maintenance thermography and overall infrared inspection program development. Learn to calculate avoided costs with Excel-based application software (included).
- Refine your image analysis and interpretation proficiency with in-depth thermal imaging survey and measurement techniques for predictive maintenance applications. Visit our image gallery.
- Learn to measure emissivity of common materials.
- See the latest in infrared thermography report generation and IR inspection database and trending software.
- Improve your thermal analysis skills with more challenging laboratory and infrared field applications labs.
- Refresher on Using Camera and Hardware (*see note below)
- Infrared Theory / Radiosity / Applied Radiometrics
- Heat Transfer Principles
- Spatial Resolution
- Camera Workshops / Lab Exercises
- Software Lab for Image Analysis and Advanced Report Preparation
- Condition Monitoring Program Development Overview
- Solving Real World problems in a Condition Monitoring
- Environment (Applications)
- Lab Presentations
- Final Exam
- Exam Review
- Field Assignment Requirements
* Many Level II Students have been trained at other organizations, or have upgraded their hardware. We have found that camera operation is an essential topic to review for Level II training.
Successful course completion provides ITC Level II Thermographer Certification. ITC’s Level II infrared course meets Level II ASNT-SNT-TC-1A recommendations for thermal/infrared testing, as set forth by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT).
A course completion certificate from a Level I thermography course is required to be a Level II student. Please send a copy of this certificate with your registration.
Infrared courses are developed by ITC’s ASNT Level III and EPRI Level III Thermography-Certified Instructors. ITC’s domestic and international infrared training staff includes 5 ASNT NDT Level III thermographers with over 100 years combined infrared thermography applications experience. The Level II infrared training course is taught by certified instructors with extensive experience in a wide variety of infrared thermography and thermal imaging applications.