Objective of Course
This course is intended to provide an understanding of machinery vibration analysis and the detection of common vibration faults in rotating equipment. The course shall present a basic understanding on the measurements and analysis of vibrations, how faults originate in rotating equipment and how these faults can be detected using vibration measurements.
The course assumes little to no background in vibration analysis, and starts with fundamentals of mechanical vibrations, measurement parameters and how vibrations are measured and defined. The course then moves on to measurement sensors and signal processing techniques, data reduction, displays and faults analysis using vibration analysis. Faults include all common machinery failures: unbalance, misalignment, bent shafts, and looseness, bearing faults, gears faults, cavitation, resonance and electrical faults. Machineries include pumps, turbines, compressors, motors and generators. Examples and case studies are included. Vibration severity assessment is also included.
You Will Learn How to
- Select and use vibration measurement instruments and sensors
- Interpret vibration data and extract information regarding the machine condition
- Detect and diagnose common vibration faults
- Reduce vibration and prevent failures in your plant.
- Introduction to Vibration in Condition Monitoring
- Vibration Basics
- Vibration Data Acquisition
- Vibration Data Reduction and Display
- Vibration Fault Analysis
- Vibration Severity Assessment
- Vibration Control & Reduction
- Case Studies and Workshop Sessions
Course certification by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)